This is my go-to brownies recipe. I typically prefer box mixes to homemade brownies b/c they seem more chocolatey, but this recipe is the exception. I think these taste better than the box mixes :)
4 squares Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate (sometimes I do semi-sweet instead, and really you could probably just do 4 oz of any chocolate, the Bakers squares are just convenient)
3/4 cup butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
Nuts, Chocolate Chips (optional)
Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on high for 2 mins or until butter is melted. Usually I microwave it for 1 min 30 seconds then stir everything together, then depending on whether or not it's still chunky I will either stick it back in the microwave or not. Stir in sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Add flour. Now add nuts and/or chocolate chips if you're adding them. Pour into greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out with fudgy crumbs.